Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Forget-me-not



When faeries whisper, you can tell
In marsh or woods or glen or dell
In hush of night, the sound begins
Like tinkling bells upon soft winds
.
When faeries gather for a feast
Before the sunrise in the east
Beneath tall oaks — great, ancient friends
Above, the moon, its spotlight lends
.
When faeries dance . . . oh, what a sight
Around a bonfire, pure delight
Near sparkling stream that sings and flows
The laughter, after, never goes
.
When faeries eat, the food is grand
Why, it’s the best food in the land
Everyone just helps themselves
Faeries, brownies, sprites and elves
.
When faeries feast and play and sing
Such joy to living things they bring
The scraps that they leave on the ground
Feeds animals for miles around
.
Though they may live in imagination
Though there may be no faerie nation
The wonders of sweet faerie thoughts
Trace my heart like sweet forget-me-nots
.
” Forget-me-not Faeries “ . 08-08-09 . t.r. cardinet




Have you heard??????

You are invited to a FAIRIES TEA!!!!

Click on the invitation below and be
transported to the faery realm




and be sure to come and visit me soon
for some prizes and tasty giveaways
at my FAIRIES TEA.









4 comments:

  1. A fairies tea, what fun!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a magical poem! And I love the blue fairy. The Fairy Tea is going to be such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful post Hettie! your blue fairy is SO Lovely and the poem a charming touch!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Devata! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've enjoyed browsing your blog and can't wait to get back and browse more through the archives. I've followed you by email so I don't miss any new posts. I'll have my Fairies' Tea Party post up on Tuesday. Can't wait to see what you do for the party :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I read each and every one! I have taken the word verification off - hope it makes it easier