Saturday, June 10, 2017

Sacred altar


St Theresa the little flower

This beauty is still available at The French Madonna.

Be sure to visit The French Madonna and see the new look, the new
inspiration and the new items for sale!




St Therese the little flower whose life spoke of many miracles and continue to do so after her death. This is a shrine depicting the miraculous power of love, hope and faith as seen in St Therese's life.




“God would never inspire me with desires which cannot be realized; so in spite of my littleness, I can hope to be a saint.” 

― St. Thérèse de Lisieux, Story of a Soul: The Autobiography of St. Therese of Lisieux 



In the right hand corner of the shrine is a crucifix that have sprung into bloom, covered with roses. In the background is a beautiful holy card of the flowering sacred heart. The shrine is filled with fabric roses and hand made cold porcelain roses and rosebuds. You will receive the small bottle of blessed salts that is in the picture. Read below how I make these. Both the St Theresa medals that I used in the shrine I brought back from her cathedral and the oil that I used for the blessed salts, is rose oil that I brought back from Lisieux. The shrine comes ready to hang. 




'For me, prayer is a surge of the heart; 
it is a simple look turned toward heaven, 
it is a cry of recognition and of love, 
embracing both trail and joy. - St Theresa of Lisieux 

I visited the hometown and cathedral of St Therese in Lisieux in France and it was a very powerful experience. The whole town of Lisieux has great flowering rose shrubs and her shrine is set in a magnificent rose garden. The fragrance is unbelievable. I visited her convent, the house where she grew up in and of course, her immaculate body. 


Images of the Divine carry enormous energy and Presence. There are various ways of explaining it, but the ancients believed that the Spirit of that aspect of the Divine lives in Its image and form. Those of us who can see light around living beings, can see the light around sacred objects. In holy places of pilgrimage one can often smell the fragrance of the Divine. 

Each one of my pendants, shrines, paintings and other sacred art are first infused with holy water from Lourdes (which I brought back), and then infused with holy relic oil of more than 53 Saints & pure essential oils. A mixture of one hundred oils are used, including frankincense, myrrh, spikenard, agarwood and rose. It is also immersed in blessed pink dead sea salts, infused with rose petals steeped in holy oil of a third relic of St Therese of Lisieux and it is packaged with blessed salts, frankincense and sprinkled with holy water collected form many sacred places in the world. So it becomes a holy object to be handled with reverence and care. 


This shrine comes with a small bottle (seen in the foreground of the pictures) of salts. I carry pink salts in small containers with me when I visit sacred places. These salts carry the blessing of the holy place and for the St Theresa salts I mixed some of the rose petals that was steeped 

in the third relic oil of St Theresa and then dried- together with 
some of the holy oil and rose petals - all crushed together. 

“When I die, I will send down a shower of roses from the heavens,I will spend my heaven by doing good on earth.” 
― St. Thérèse de Lisieux 


blessings
Hettienne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - I read each and every one! I have taken the word verification off - hope it makes it easier