Sunday, February 12, 2012

Here comes the Sun






This week at Inspiration Avenue, we had a special co-host, Gemma.
She chose the topic Here Comes the Sun with the possibilities of Imbolc,
Candlemas, St Bridgits Day, Brigit, Spring and so much more.

And this is my entry.

My first ever clay doll!

A Frida Kahlo folk primitive doll!
Pure sunshine!



Here in South Africa we have been having a heat wave.  As you can see from the flowers behind Frida,
the flowers have been loving it.  The bougainvillas are bright pink, the hibiscus radiates sunshine
and all these amazing colours reminded me of Frida.

I have been wanting to make a clay doll for a while and I discovered 
http://nancysartdolls.ning which is a wonderful site with tutorials,
resources and more.
I am hampered by a lack of availability of materials, but have been improvising as I go along.



I have also teamed her up with Songs of my Soul, my weekly SoulCollage
challenge here where I made a Frida card.  Pay a visit and see my beautiful sunshine Frida SoulCollage
and maybe you would like to join in?





I am now working on making her house, so please come back and see the 
finished cigar box house.

happy week
Hettienne

6 comments:

  1. Oh she's beautiful Hettienne - sunshine personified! The detail is fabulous - her pretty necklace and the red bloom in her hair.

    PS Send some of that sun over here could you - we need some! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard that clay is not as available outside the States. I admire your improvisation. I would gladly take some of that heat, sunshine, and lovely flowers about now. Winter has finally set in here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recognized Frida immediately--she is just perfect! We are having a very mild Winter here in New York, but not warm enough to coax beautiful flowers to emerge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love this Hettienne. She is wonderful. I also love your ideas for song of soul cards. Would love to join you. Thanks so much again for inviting me to co-host IA. The winner you chose was the exact one I thought of too. (Like minds)
    :-)HAve a beautiful week.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done a fabulous job, she's terrific and lots of great details. Enjoy your sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hettienne, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I read each and every one! I have taken the word verification off - hope it makes it easier